The Tamizh language has played a quintessential part in the evolution of Carnatic Music as we experience it today.
Chaitanyam’s 2-day Music Workshop will explore 7 special Tamizh kritis of different music composers, who have prolifically contributed to the vast ocean of Tamizh compositions in Carnatic Music.
This is a 2-day workshop in Bengaluru, open to students wishing to learn in-person in Bengaluru as well as virtually via Zoom.
- Day 1: Sat, 11th Feb 2023 – 9 AM - 5 PM
- Day 2: Sun, 12th Feb 2023 – 2 PM - 5 PM
- Venue: Ananya Hall, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru
What do you get from this workshop?
- Printed notations & recordings
- Teaching of kritis in detail
- Exploring the history of Tamizh compositions in Carnatic Music
- Brief exploration of manodharma by volunteering learners
- Personalized attention to all students
- Participation certificates
- Lunch served for offline participants on Day 1
Day 1 - 11th Feb - Compositions:
- Kannai Thirandhu Paar – Bilahari – Adi – Oothukadu Venkatasubbaiyar
- Enneramum – Thodi – Adi – Marimutha Pillai
- Varmamaa En Meedhil – Saveri – Rupakam – Aanai Aiyya
- Sundara Roopa Gopalanai – Shankarabharanam – Adi – Papanasam Sivan
- Thirunaalai Povaar – Khamas – Adi – Gopalakrishna Bharathi
Day 2 - 12th Feb - Compositions:
- Booloka Kailasa Giri – Kalyani – Khanda Chapu – Muthu Thandavar
- Enakkun Irupadham – Ragamalika – Mishra Chapu – Arunachala Kavi